Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mobile Game Development: Enrichment Lesson 2!

1) What's a "game"? Come up with a short definition of a game (the shorter the better!). If you made bullet points, what would the key aspects of a game be? Keep it to three or four ideas.

  • feedback: experience bar, levels, achievements. 
  • goal: how to win or lose.
  • rules: limits actions so people have to do things a certain way.
  • voluntary play: people should want to play your game.

2) Watch the Orb Smasher tutorial. The tutorial is about 45 minutes. It can be found on the learning corona website.

  • I have already done the orb smasher tutorial. I will continue to learn about animation for this is going to be the next topic. 
  • Two videos stood out to me. There is one on flying geese and one about the basics of animation. Both of these i will watch in the Engineering projects class as well as on my own time. 

3) What questions do you have? Create a list of any questions you have about Corona SDK or using Lua. These questions will help me adjust our experience.


  • No questions have arisen for me yet. I am a little mystified about what ready = false/true; does though. I am sure i will figure this out as I continue my progress with Corona SDK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment