Friday, May 27, 2011

My Eagle Project


I started with pvc pipe and I set out to create two water proof wheel chairs and a life jacket rack.

First the chairs ^ above are what I built as a base to start the scouts off.


Soon they built what we have there.


Almost done. Adding the wheels.


Oh yeeeaaahhh! finally done

Part II the life jacket rack


We built a wooden jig to make sure the holes in the pvc pipe were straight.


Built the arms for the Rack first to make it easy on ourselves.


The wheel assembly.


I'm all done. Yay.

Overall this project was a challenge. I had to deal with shortages of work force. In all I had about 6 scouts and one non- scout who dedicated more then 1 hour. Andoni who was the non- scout who worked very well and listened as well as the other scouts. A bunch of other scouts who were helpful were Thomas Luppi who basically led the assembly of the chairs. I had a lot of adult help. Outside of the troop Bobby Kozan helped supervize alot of drilling for the rack. Another adult was Mr. Laughlin who came up with the tools and helped with the small details of tool work that I didnt know. Another challenge was not knowing the exact design wheel assembly. We ultimately changed the design to use threaded axels to make the wheel assembly easier.

I had alot of fun and this eagle project was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment